Fishing, rafting, flightseeing and luxury accommodations — they’re all 2-for-1 this year as Alaska destinations offer up deals for summertime travel. Here’s a list of the state’s Top 10 destinations, now available at 2-for-1 savings, when travelers have a copy of the all-new 2009 edition of Great Alaskan TourSaver.
10. Bering Sea Crab Boat Tour in Ketchikan, as seen on “Deadliest Catch.” This great hands-on tour gives travelers the chance to watch salmon, crab, shrimp and other sea creatures hauled up on the deck of the “Aleutian Ballad.” Rated #1 tour by Cruise Critic and Trip Advisor. Value: $169 (2-for-1).
9. Trip to Glacier Bay National Park from Juneau, including airfare, accommodations and day-long cruise/tour deep into Glacier Bay. See whales, bears, sea otters, porpoise, seals, sea lions, eagles, puffins and lots of ice on this full-day cruise tour. Enjoy comfy accommodations at the Glacier Bay Lodge. Lodge package: $350. Airfare on Wings of Alaska: $186. Everything is 2-for-1.
8. Mt. Roberts Tram Ride in Juneau. This exciting tour leaves right from the cruise dock in Juneau. Soar more than 2,000 feet up for an eagle-eye view of Gastineau Channel and the mountains surrounding Juneau. Bring your camera! Value: $24.95 (2-for-1). Here’s a shot from the top:
7. Bear viewing/flightseeing in Kodiak, Alaska. Fly with Island Airways for a one-hour tour to see giant Kodiak Grizzly Bears! Value: $265 (2-for-1). Here’s a shot–we saw some bears. You will, too:
6. Deep sea charter fishing in Kodiak for salmon and halibut. Enjoy a full-day fishing charter with a U.S. Coast Guard-certified captain! Value: $300 (2-for-1).
5. Ride on the Alaska Railroad from Whittier up to a glacier. Incredible scenic rail tour in one afternoon! Value: $84 (2-for-1).
4. Glacier/Wildlife cruise into Kenai Fjords National Park. Watch for whales, sea lions, porpoise and big glaciers in Kenai Fjords National Park. Value $139 (2-for-1). Here’s a shot of Aialik Glacier:
3. Visit the Kennicott mining district inside Wrangell-St. Elias National Park. Enjoy gracious accommodations at Kennicott Glacier Lodge. Take a glacier walk with St. Elias Alpine Guides. Kennicott Lodge: $169. St. Elias Guides: $60 (2-for-1). Here’s a shot on the glacier. Yes, we’re filming. Watch the video here.
2. Stay at Denali National Park. Take the train from Anchorage or Fairbanks. You’re right at the entrance of the park for your wilderness experience. Take a helicopter flightseeing trip on Era Helicopters. Hotel Value $309 (2-for-1). Helicopter Value: $435 (2-for-1).
And the number-one destination: Land on a glacier in a ski plane on Mt. McKinley. This is a great deal on the Great One. Cannot beat it! Bring your camera. You’ll get an up-close look at North America’s largest mountain. And at 2-for-1, you’re getting a great deal! Value: $265 (2-for-1). Check this shot from the Ruth Glacier:
Once travelers receive the book, they can start making reservations. For a complete list of the 2-for-1 deals now available, go online.