Now travelers can “earn and burn” Alaska Air miles on Condor. I’m a big fan of both airlines, especially in the summertime when Condor flies nonstop from Anchorage/Fairbanks/Whitehorse to Frankfurt (starting May 16, 2017). RIGHT NOW, you can start earning miles on Alaska. From Anchorage to Frankfurt, it’s 4,660 miles nonstop. Travelers in coach will […]
Big show this week. One of my best travel-hacking-geeks, Lisa Nkonge (above), joins us in the studio with some h-a-w-t travel sites. Lisa has these sites plotted on an Excel spreadsheet. Check out her list (below).
We went to Juneau earlier and came back with a couple of nice interviews:
Breanna Freeman with Alaska Travel Adventures, weighs in with some great summertime activities. Her company offers whalewatching, kayaking, gold panning, a salmon bake…and lots more.
State Sen. Natasha von Imhof–LIVE from the Alaska State Capitol. Sen. von Imhof (above, left, with her staffer Shareen Crosby, center) has some good tips on corresponding with your legislators–particularly during this crucial year. She’s busy working on the budget–and wants to hear from you!
I just published a nice gallery of Juneau photos, along with a little background on my visit. Click here to check it out.
Here are some of Lisa’s travel hacking sites. LISTEN to the podcast to hear how she got a ticket from L.A. to Cape Town, South Africa for less than $300. I am not making this up!!
* Travel Pirates — https://www.travelpirates.com/
* Pack Up and Go — http://www.packupgo.com/
* Secret Flying — www.secretflying.com/
* The Flight Deal — www.theflightdeal.com/
* Fare Deal Alert — faredealalert.com
* Cancelon — https://www.cancelon.com/
* Bla Bla Car — https://www.blablacar.com/
* Viator — https://www.viator.com/
* Rome2Rio — https://www.rome2rio.com/